It’s New Year’s Resolution time. Every New Year, we vow to “eat better”, “exercise”, “get healthy”. We make the same broad, sweeping declarations each year, such as, “no more junk food” or “get rid of the sweets”. Each attempt to live better starts off the same way, and often lands you right back where you started, rather than troubleshooting what went wrong and finding a new path. We fall into the same hole each time.
This time, try something different.
Here are a dozen innovative and exciting ideas for new healthy habits. What haven’t you tried before? Each small change will move you closer to a higher quality more nourishing lifestyle.
- Develop a “Tool Box” for emotional eating.
- Eat red meat only once a week.
- Eat beans, lentils, tofu, edamame, or peas once a day.
- Follow an anti-inflammatory diet.
- Fill half your plate with non-starchy vegetables at each meal.
- Make a weekly menu and shopping list.
- Eat sensually and mindfully.
- Eat organic foods.
- Minimize your use of plastics. Get a stainless-steel water bottle. Use glass storage containers.
- Get 8 hours of quality sleep every night. Commit to waking up feeling rested.
- Attend a new-to-you fitness class.
- Don’t drink more than 1-2 servings of alcohol per day.
If you aren’t able to successfully and consistently incorporate these into your life, get the support and skills that you are missing. As a Food & Nutrition Coach, I will support and motivate you by sharing individualized information just for you and I will help you develop the tools and skills that you need to live and eat well.
Material on this blog is provided for informational purposes only. It is general information that may not apply to you as an individual, and is not a substitute for personalized nutrition or health advice or healthcare. Never disregard medical advice or delay seeking medical care because of something you have read or accessed through this website.