That’s right, a salmon and quinoa dinner made in under 20 minutes. And with just 6 ingredients! Three power foods, prepared fast, tasty and easy; This meal is also easily adjusted to your own personal needs.
- 2 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, cold-pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Earthly Choice Easy Quinoa
- Canned wild salmon, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 can white beans
- Boil water and quinoa according to package directions.
- While quinoa cooks, dice and sauté zucchini in olive oil.
- Sprinkle zucchini with oregano.
- Drain canned white beans and canned wild salmon.
- When quinoa is cooked, mix quinoa, zucchini, salmon and beans together.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve 1 1/2 cups with a colorful salad.
Balance Your Own Plate
One of my favorite concepts for healthy eating is to balance your plate. Fill half your plate with non-starchy vegetables and the other half with high-fiber carbohydrate and healthy protein or fat.
To balance my plate I served this Quinoa, Salmon and Oregano Zucchini with an arugula and tomato salad because this recipe is a bit light on veggies. If you’d like this to be a stand alone meal or if you are trying to eat more vegetables or if you are trying to lose weight, use 3 zucchinis and add 2 bell peppers. If you are eating a higher protein and lower carbohydrate diet, use more vegetables and 2 cans of salmon. If you are active and eating a higher carbohydrate diet, use the whole can of white beans. By increasing and decreasing the different components of this meal, you can adjust it to meet your own nutritional needs.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan (use tofu cubes instead of salmon)
Material on this blog is provided for informational purposes only. It is general information that may not apply to you as an individual, and is not a substitute for personalized nutrition or health advice or healthcare. Never disregard medical advice or delay seeking medical care because of something you have read or accessed through this website.