On a chilly Tucson day, and with a little help from Miss Dena, I created a delicious and healthy comfort-food meal.
Moroccan Cauliflower Curry
Make this your own by swapping out various protein choices and vegetable combinations. See variations below for ideas.
- 1 can Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon organic tomato paste
- 2 red onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 pound organic ground beef, preferably grass-fed
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cups frozen green beans
- Get a large, deep sauté pan ready.
- Pour coconut milk into sauté pan and add tomato paste. Mix together. Turn heat to medium high.
- Dice onion and place in sauté pan.
- Mince garlic and ginger (leaving ginger skin on) and place in sauté pan.
- Cut cauliflower into small bite sized pieces, including the stem. Place in sauté pan. Mix everything around.
- Crumble the ground meat and combine with vegetables.
- Add the cinnamon, cardamom, garam masala and turmeric.
- Turn up the heat to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat to medium and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the curry simmers, defrost the green beans.
- Serve curry over green beans.
Rather than ground beef, use organic ground chicken or turkey, or organic diced chicken or turkey in place of ground beef. You may also consider shrimp or a firm fish in place of ground beef. Or you could easily make this dish vegan with organic tempeh or organic firm tofu in place of ground beef. Another variation is to mix green beans into the curry and serve this dish over cooked brown rice or cooked quinoa.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, potentially vegetarian or vegan
Recipe from Nourishing Results, LLC
Planning for Thanksgiving? Purchase your Gluten-Free & Healthy Fall inspired e-cookbook today, or give it as a gift. A friend of mine shared with me that she gifted the e-cookbook to a grateful friend with children who have multiple food allergies. That made my day!
Material on this blog is provided for informational purposes only. It is general information that may not apply to you as an individual, and is not a substitute for personalized nutrition or health advice or healthcare. Never disregard medical advice or delay seeking medical care because of something you have read or accessed through this website.