When Sara said “Let’s make banana bread!”, I had to comply. What’s more fun that baking with your kids? Inspired by Elena’s Pantry Carrot Banana Muffins, I modified my Breakfast Cupcakes and came up with this fantastic banana bread. Traditionally banana bread is made with refined sugar, oils and flour, but that kind of baking doesn’t sound fun to me. However, creating Nourishing Banana Bread, full of healthy fats and powerful antioxidants, is very fun. It’s moist and just slightly spicy with a hint of vanilla. The girls had a great “Princess Snack Time” with their freshly baked muffins.
How are you doing with the Foolproof Your Ticker Challenge? Nourish your heart with this Banana Bread. Every single ingredient in this recipe will move you closer to longevity. Well, except baking soda. Here’s how:
- Carrots and almond flour provides antioxidants beta carotene and vitamin E, along with fiber.
- Bananas provide potassium and fiber.
- Dates are naturally sweet and allow you to not use added sugar.
- Walnuts, omega-3 eggs and canola oil provide anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids.
- Coconut provides anti-inflammatory polyphenols.
- The spices are anti-inflammatory and additional sources of phytonutrients.
- Apple cider vinegar helps to regulate blood glucose (although that is not why it is included in this recipe, here it is used to improve the texture of the bread).
Material on this blog is provided for informational purposes only. It is general information that may not apply to you as an individual, and is not a substitute for personalized nutrition or health advice or healthcare. Never disregard medical advice or delay seeking medical care because of something you have read or accessed through this website.