While oatmeal is wholesome and unprocessed, this breakfast staple can spike blood sugar and leave you starving a few hours later. Oatmeal needs a little “help” to make it balanced and delicious. By adding almond flour, egg and spices you cut the sugar, increase nutrient density and maintain optimal appetite control. Plus, the consistency of the oatmeal is rich and creamy. Yum!
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (Montana Gluten Free Oats or Gluten Free Harvest for gluten-free oats produced under a purity protocol, if needed)
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour
- 2 cup milk of your choice (Califa Farms is our current favorite)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen organic berries and cherries or 1 tablespoon organic raisins
- Combine oats, almond flour, milk, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in a bowl or saucepan.
- Cook in the microwave for 3-5 minutes stirring after 2 minutes, or cook on the stove until simmering and oats are soften.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl and add to the cooked oatmeal. Cook for another 1 minute in the microwave or 3-5 minutes on the stove.
- Add milk to achieve the consistency you like.
- Top with berries and cherries.
Recipe from Nourishing Results, LLC
Don’t you want to be this happy for breakfast! With extra fat, protein and antioxidants you’ll stay this happy all morning long! Happy Cooking ~ Hana