This is one of my go-to recipes for a quick meal that I know my family will eat. I consider lettuce wraps a basic recipe that everyone should master. This recipe uses what I call “Critical Cooking Skills” and is an example of what I’m working on for a new e-Cookbook. Using Critical Cooking Skills you can modify this recipe by changing the veggies, the protein, adding a whole grain like quinoa or brown rice. You can also adjust the flavors with coconut milk, organic tamari sauce, fish sauce or spice blend.
By learning Critical Cooking Skills and building upon those skills, you will be able to make a variety different dinners just by varying the recipe based on what you have in your pantry and what you feel like cooking.
Use this recipe to Take the Plunge into the kitchen!
Simple Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Get a large sauté pan ready.
- Dice red onion and place in pan.
- Mince garlic and ginger and add to pan.
- Place pan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and mix everything up.
- Finely dice celery.To dice, slice celery lengthwise into 2-3 long pieces. Then run the knife through to the long pieces horizontally finely dice the celery. Add to the pan and mix to combine the ingredients.
- Finely dice carrots. To dice, slice carrots lengthwise into 4 long pieces. Cut the long pieces in half so that you have 8 pieces. Then run the knife through horizontally into small pieces. Add carrots to the pan and mix to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Let the vegetables cook for about 5 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the ground turkey and mix it all up.
- Let the turkey cook through, about 5 more minutes.
- Separate large lettuce leaves.
- Spoon turkey-veggie mix into lettuce leaves and drizzle with Siracha. Wrap it up and enjoy!
- Serve with sliced cucumbers and radishes.
Recipe from Nourishing Results, LLC
PS- Lettuce wraps are fun to eat! My kids love ’em!