By popular demand I am sharing this recipe with you. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and friends do. Take advantage of BPA-free lined canned beans to avoid the common hormone disruptor.
Serve this wholesome, hearty soup with a colorful salad.
- 6 small poplano peppers
- ½ large onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 cans no-BPA lining white beans (do not drain, puree one can)
- 1 ½ pounds organic turkey breast
- 1 cup gluten-free organic chicken broth
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Diced avocado
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Get your slow cooker (or large soup pan) ready.
- Place peppers on a baking sheet and put into the oven at 400 degrees. Roast peppers until starting to blacken. Transfer to a zip lock bag; lock the bag and allow the steam to loosen the skin. Set aside.
- While the peppers roast, prepare the chili ingredients.
- Dice onion and mince garlic. Add to slow cooker.
- Mix in cumin, oregano and chili powder.
- Open white beans and pour 3 into slow cooker.
- Pour 4th can into the blender and puree. Pour the puree into the slow cooker.
- Dice turkey and add to the slow cooker.
- Add the broth and stir everything around.
- Peel the peppers and mince the chilies. Add to the slow cooker. Mix everything around.
- Set on low heat and slow cook for 7 hours.
- Top with cilantro, avocado and/or cheese.
Recipe from Nourishing Results, LLC
Material on this blog is provided for informational purposes only. It is general information that may not apply to you as an individual, and is not a substitute for personalized nutrition or health advice or healthcare. Never disregard medical advice or delay seeking medical care because of something you have read or accessed through this website.