Overnight Pumpkin Cranberry Steel Cut Oatmeal
Pumpkin and steel cut oatmeal were brought up by two clients yesterday, so I was inspired to finally make the pumpkin oatmeal I have been thinking about. My first client yesterday talked about what to do with a huge pumpkin that she received in her CSA box and other client talked about making steel cut oats overnight in the slow cooker. So last night I put together the recipe below and this morning I woke up to a yummy aroma and breakfast was ready-to-go, which was a good thing, because today was a particularly rushed morning.Overnight Pumpkin Cranberry Steel Cut Oatmeal
- 1 cup steel cut oats*
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray so that the oats don't stick (too badly)
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low 8-9 hours.
- Serve with milk, more spices, chopped apple and/or any other toppings you'd like.
Nutrition Details:Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, whole grainMakes 4 servings:120 calories, 1.5 grams fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 0 mg sodium, 24 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fiber, 4 grams natural sugar, 3 grams added sugar, 3 grams protein